Home >> Ningbo port's news list

Ningbo port's news



Ningbo port's news

Ningbo-Zhoushan container volume surpasses 20m teu

PostTime:2022-07-28 08:44:49 View:27

Container volume at Ningbo-Zhoushan port has exceeded 20m teu in less than seven months this year, 22 days ahead of last year’s record date to hit the same level of handling. Katherine Si | Jul 27, 2022 Acting as the busiest hub port, Ningbo-Zhoushan port strengthened collaboration with shipping companies, newly opened up shipping services and reinforced empty containers supply this year, which had provided solid logistics support for Yangtze economic belt and Yangtze delta regions, said Zhejiang Haigang Group, operator of Ningbo-Zhoushan port. Ningbo-Zhoushan port currently has a record high number of services totalling 300 calling at it. Related: Promoting opportunities and cooperation in Ningbo Landbridge connections are also paying dividens and sea-rail container volume was 854,000 teu as of late July, an increase of 31.7% year-on-year.  Early this week, China Merchants Port announced its non-public issuing of stocks towards Zhejiang Haigang Group submitted in 2021 had been approved by China Securities Regulatory Commission, and Zhejiang Haigang will become a major shareholder of China Merchants Port.  Related: Ningbo-Zhoushan port expands footprint in Dubai The capital partnership between the two parties will be conducive to China Merchants Port’s development in Yangtze river delta regions and promote ports development and market expansion of Zhejiang Haigang Group. 

Ningbo-Zhoushan hits record volume despite Shanghai lockdown

PostTime:2022-05-19 09:20:43 View:179

IN April, Ningbo-Zhoushan port posted a container throughput that increased 10 per cent year on year to over three million TEU, a new high for a single month, reports Colchester's Seatrade Maritime News. The port maintained smooth operation for container truck transport with new services, freight places, and new empty containers to relieve the logistics pressure in the Yangtze River delta region. Meanwhile, the Shanghai port saw a 25 per cent drop in volumes during April as it faced logistical challenges due to the lockdown. The direct rail to port service from Ningbo-Zhoushan grew 32.3 per cent to 135,000 TEU of sea-rail container volumes in April.

Growing delays in Ningbo due to Shanghai cargo diversions

PostTime:2022-04-29 10:38:46 View:152

SHIPPERS and carriers are facing lengthening vessel wait times at China's Ningbo container port with cargo diversions from Shanghai, now entering the fourth week of an indefinite Covid-19 lockdown. In addition, shippers face additional headwinds later this week when as the nation starts a nationwide five-day Labour Day holiday from April 30, which is likely to further stymie cargo movements on top of trucking and warehousing shortages as China battles a fourth Covid wave, reports IHS Media. That comes as some carriers are starting to skip Shanghai on intra-Asia services even as cargo conditions improve in Shanghai as more warehouses reopen and restrictions are eased for the import of dangerous goods cargoes. "A large proportion of the container cargo exports from Shanghai and Zhejiang province are now shipped via Ningbo. Consequently, Ningbo has become very congested," a senior executive at a Hong Kong-based freight forwarder said. Highlighting the cargo increase, 14-day average ocean volumes through the Port of Ningbo-Zhoushan surged 14 per cent, visibility provider FourKites said in its latest China lockdown and supply chain impact report published Monday. "Most freight originating in Shanghai has diverted to Ningbo, causing congestion in several warehouses, and container constraints," a Maersk spokesperson said. Both Ningbo and Shanghai will be among the ports affected by three blank sailings on the AE1 and AE55 services next month as Maersk grapples with restoring schedule reliability on the Asia-Europe trade, the carrier said Monday. Vessel wait times at Ningbo have increased to around three or four days compared with less than 24 hours before the lockdown in Shanghai, a senior carrier executive said. "Shanghai and Ningbo are both operating with low efficiency. Shanghai due to a lack of labour and Ningbo from congestion caused by increasing ad-hoc vessel calls and bad weather," said Danny Hoffmann, managing director of Hong Kong's Gold Star Line, the intra-Asia affiliate of Zim Integrated Shipping Services.  

Ningbo-Zhoushan adds container berths to ease volume pressure

PostTime:2022-01-26 09:06:09 View:408

Two additional container berths at Ningbo-Zhoushan port have been opened temporarily for international vessels to ease the pressure on container cargo handling. Katherine Si | Jan 25, 2022 Approved by the Chinese Ministry of Transport and local port authority, Ningbo-Zhoushan port commenced operation of two container berths at its Chuanshan port area and Meishan port area. The berth at Chuanshang port area, a 70,000 tonne-class container berth, is able to handle the container vessels up to 150,000 tonne-class; the other berth at Meishan port area is a 150,000 tonne-class container berth which could accommodate 200,000 tonnes-class containerships. Related: Congested Yantian port cuts export container receiving window The operation of these two berths is expected to add 1m teu container throughput to Ningbo-Zhoushan port per year, and aimed at improving large-size containership handling capacity of Ningbo-Zhoushan port, and the port’s service capacity for international container trading business.  Pressure has been building on Chinese ports ahead of the Lunar New Year holidays at the start of February. Last week Yantian cut the window for receieving export boxes to four days in an effort to reduce yard congestion. Chuanshan port area and Meishan port area are the two major container handling port areas of Ningbo-Zhoushan port, which posted a container volume of 10.87m teu and 6.68m teu last year, accounting for 35% and 21% of Ningbo-Zhoushan port’s annual container throughput, respectively. 

Shippers uses Shanghai and Xiamen instead of Covid-hit Ningbo

PostTime:2022-01-12 08:26:05 View:418

AS the world's third-largest box gateway Ningbo fights a Covid outbreak that has resulted in the lockdown of its Beilun district since last weekend, cargo owners are diverting freight away from the port to ship through Shanghai and Xiamen. While Ningbo's five container terminals, including the three in Beilun, are operating normally, the lockdown has led to trucker shortages and warehouse closures, making it impossible to get products to and from factories in the lockdown areas, reports IHS Media. "We are seeing an increase in shippers reassigning cargo to Shanghai or Xiamen ports [instead of Ningbo]," said Nick Xu, regional director/key accounts management at freight forwarder Rhenus Asia Pacific. Mr Xu said transport options include trucking containers to the two ports or using barge services via the Zhapu feeder port or container train services via Hangzhou to Shanghai. But the cost of those alternatives has doubled and space availability is critical, he added. About 20 percent of truckers have been given access permits, while the majority are in quarantine. "We're hearing from suppliers that the situation is improving but we have gotten no specifics," said the logistics manager at a US consumer products wholesaler. The source said factories supplying the company are working, but because they are in the lockdown zone nothing is moving in or out. "We still have pending shipments impacted," the executive said. The city's latest Covid outbreak could affect US$4 billion worth of imports and exports there for just one week, risk consultant Russell Group said earlier. That figure, based on the period between January 1-8, includes $236 million of integrated circuit boards and $125 million of clothing, Russell Group said.

Ningbo Covid delays could affect US$4b worth of trade: Russell's analysis

PostTime:2022-01-11 08:23:58 View:388

THE risk modelling company Russell Group has conducted an analysis indicating that a week's delay of essential trade at Ningbo could impact US$4 billion worth of trade, including the exporting of US$236 million of integrated circuit boards and US$125 million of clothing. The analysis was based on a week's worth of trade from the port of Ningbo from January 1 to 8, the time frame based on the imposing of the restrictions in Ningbo, caused by a rise in Covid-19 cases, reports Container News Entry in and out of the port along with operations of containers have been restricted due to new restrictions placed in Ningbo's Beilun District, after an outbreak of infections at Shenzhou International, a garment factory. "Any delays at Ningbo come at a bad time for global supply chains, which are suffering from the logjams created by the pandemic," commented the London-based company. Many experts are worried about any delays at Ningbo, particularly as the Chinese Lunar New Year is fast approaching, which will see factories in China close for a period in early February, while the Chinese port's commodities exported to the US during this time period amount to US$385 million. Suki Basi, managing director of Russell Group, commented "While the disruption to Ningbo from the new restrictions may not be severe as many experts are saying, what we wanted to show was just how integral the port is to global trade." "What we discovered was how precarious global supply chains are now, whereby a single blockage at a port, can create ripple effects that are felt by consumers and corporates in the form of higher prices," he noted. "Unfortunately, the situation may get worse, with the Chinese Lunar New Year, as companies cannot stock up their inventories for the upcoming months, forcing them to either look for alternative shipping or products, all of which will feed into higher costs for the consumer," explained Mr Basi.  

Ningbo-Zhoushan port says supply chain stable in Covid-19 outbreak

PostTime:2022-01-07 08:21:32 View:486

Since the first Covid-19 case was confirmed on 1 January, Ningbo-Zhoushan port says it has provided stable supply chain services at its port area. Katherine Si | Jan 06, 2022 From 1 January to noon-time 5 January, Ningbo-Zhoushan port posted a container throughput of 450,800 teu, which was consistent with the number in the same period of last year.  “Container load and discharge operations remain normal in the three terminals near the epidemic area of Beilun district”, and “vessel call and departure also remains normal so far,” Maersk said in a customer advisory. Related: Ningbo-Zhoushan Port operations stable amid Covid-19 outbreak The port has issued over 10,000 passes for truck drivers during 1-5 January, the qualified container truck drivers having green health code of Covid-19 will be added into the “white list” and could enter into the port areas normally.  Additionally, Ningbo-Zhoushan port has strengthened the sea-rail transportation and deployed more barges to improve transit capacity between different port areas with having to pass through quarantine areas.  As of Tuesday evening 26 locally transmitted cases of Covid-19 had been found in the Beilun area according to a report from Xinhua. The district has seen two rounds of mass testing since 1 January. China is operating a “zero-covid” policy with whole cities being placed in strict lockdowns, and stoking fears in the shipping community of last year closure of much of Yantian port for a three-week period due to an outbreak in the port.

Ningbo Containerised Freight Index slightly decreases in November

PostTime:2021-12-13 08:42:40 View:519

THE Ningbo Containerised Freight Index has decreased slightly in November, reports AJOT. From January to October 2021, China's cargo volume increased 7.8 per cent year on year reaching nearly 12,870 million tonnes, while container throughput increased 8.4 per cent reaching 235.5 million TEU. The average value of the Ningbo Container Freight index (NCFI) in November decreased two per cent to 3,971.9 points. The average freight rate of 40GP from Ningbo Port to Los Angeles port and New York port in December was US$7435, a decrease of 4.5 per cent, and $8,845, a decrease of 6.9 per cent month on month respectively.

Container volume at Ningbo-Zhoushan port exceeds 2020 total

PostTime:2021-12-01 08:25:36 View:557

Container volume at Ningbo-Zhoushan port, Zhejiang province, has exceeded 28.73m teu, surpassing the total volume of the port posted last year. Katherine Si | Nov 30, 2021 During the first ten months of this year, the total export and import volume of China increased 22.2% year-on-year, among which, the export and import volume of Zhejiang province accounted for 10% of the national volume.  Ningbo-Zhoushan port enhances its shipping service network and is operating 287 shipping services this year, 27 services more comparing with the number in 2020, hitting a record high.  Related: Ningbo Meishan terminal reopens following Covid lockdown The port is continuing to upgrade its independently developed container terminal operating system and promote paperless innovation for smart port construction.

Ningbo-Zhoushan port throughput exceeds 1bn tons

PostTime:2021-11-12 08:24:03 View:661

China’s Ningbo-Zhoushan port posted a cargo throughput of 1.028bn tons for the period of January-October this year, an increase of 4% year on year. Katherine Si | Nov 11, 2021 It is the fifth consecutive year of Ningbo-Zhoushan port posting over 1bn tons cargo volume since the first time in 2017. Container volume at Ningbo-Zhoushan port was 26.72m teu for the first ten months of this year, an increase of 11% year on year. Related: Record high container volume at Shanghai port in August As the end of October, Ningbo-Zhoushan port was served by 285 shipping services, hitting a new record high.  The iron ore, coal, liquid oil and chemical products and grain loading and unloading volume, as well as automobile transportation, also maintained stable operation during January and October, according to the port.  

Major Chinese container ports volume up 3.8% in early Sept Photo: Ningbo - Zhoushan

PostTime:2021-09-26 08:00:16 View:577

Container volume at eight major Chinese ports up 3.8% year on year in early September, according to the statistics released by China Ports and Harbors Association. Katherine Si | Sep 23, 2021 Export container volume increased 5.7% while the domestic volume declined 1.8% in early September. Among which, export container volume growth rate of Ningbo Zhoushan port and Guangzhou port exceeded 10%. Cargo throughput at major coastal hub ports dropped 4% year on year while international trade cargo throughput also declined 6.4%. Related: Container volume at eight major Chinese ports up 2.7% for mid-August Crude oil shipments at major coastal ports fell further and posted a decline of 21.4% year on year.  Metal ore shipments at major Chinese ports declined 2.7% while port inventory increased 14.8%. In early September, cargo throughput and container volume at three major Yangtze river ports, Nanjing, Wuhan and Chongqing, declined 5.6% and 10.9% respectively. 

China shuts Meishan terminal at Port of Ningbo-Zhoushan

PostTime:2021-09-08 08:07:04 View:708

CHINA has again partly shut the world's third-busiest container port after a worker became infected with Covid, reports Bloomberg. All inbound and outbound container services at Meishan terminal in Ningbo-Zhoushan port were halted until further notice due to a "system disruption," according to a statement from the port. An employee tested positive for coronavirus, the eastern Chinese city's government said. The closed terminal accounts for about 25 per cent container cargo through the port, calculates security consultant GardaWorld, which said "the suspension could severely impact cargo handling and shipping." Germany's Hapag-Lloyd AG said there will be a delay in sailings.